About The Twin Sisters®
Karen Mitzo Hilderbrand and Kim Mitzo Thompson have been children’s authors and record producers for over 30 years. Known as the Twin Sisters® the duo have written thousands of products for children including over 3,300 songs, and hundreds of e-books, audiobooks, videos, teacher resources, and more! Thousands of their physical products can also be found on Amazon and are distributed by various publishers worldwide.
Besides being authors, the fraternal twins run Twin Sisters® Digital Media which is dedicated to creating and licensing exceptional products worldwide and growing in emerging new digital markets.
Karen graduated from Purdue University with an Industrial Engineering degree and is an avid scuba diver who also enjoys singing, cooking, and volunteering. She is also the proud mother of Tyler Hilderbrand who is a fitness model, personal trainer, and nutritionist.
Kim graduated from The University of Akron with a Master’s Degree in “Integrating the Arts in the Elementary School Curriculum.” Her teaching degree has allowed her to create educational and inspirational products for children worldwide. Kim enjoys sports, especially basketball, writing books for children, cooking, and being a mom to her three children, Austin, Morgan, and Bailey.
Their many awards and accomplishments include:
- RIAA Certified Recipient of a Platinum Album for “Nature Sounds” signifying sales of over 1,000,000 units sold (Now with sales over 2 million albums).
- RIAA Certified Recipient of 9 Gold Albums for “Nature Sounds,” “Phonics,” “Classical Music,” “102 Children’s Songs,” “Traditional Lullabies,” “Christmas Jazz,” “Christmas Memories,” “Acoustic Christmas,” and “Christmas Through the Eyes of a Child” signifying sales of over 500,000 units per title.
- Recipient of over 170 National Awards for educational excellence, creativity, play value, and classroom and family fun–National Parenting Publications Award, Dr. Toy’s Best Children’s Products, Learning Magazine’s Teacher Choice Award, The National Parenting Center Seal of Approval, iParenting Media Award, Parent’s Guide “Children’s Media Award, Children’s Music Web Awards, Film Advisory Board Award Of Excellence, Museum Store Association Buyer’s Choice, American Bookseller’s Pick Of The Lists, United States Commerce and Trade Research Institute’s Excellence Award for Media Internet, and more.
- Voting Member of NARAS – Grammy Awards for 25 years
- Sales of over 50 million albums